Sunday, June 13, 2010

Third Trimester Already?!

I can't believe I'm already in my third trimester... how time flies, but WOOHOO. Not much to report again today... We've had a busy weekend and are so glad tonight is finally here. We are both in need of some much deserved R&R.


As I told you in my last post, we saw Wicked on Friday night. It was absolutely amazing. We saw Wicked in London on our honeymoon and I knew it was going to be a pretty unbeatable experience... but I must say the performances were pretty comparable. I am really hoping we will go see more shows in the future. Jeff really enjoys them and I could see a musical once a week and be perfectly happy.

John and Judy's party was a success. It was great to have everyone out to the house and we really enjoyed spending time with everyone. The boys decided that a belly flop contest was a good idea... you should ask them all how they are feeling today. At a certain age, belly flops don't work so well... especially when you do 8-10 in a two hour span. Below is a picture of Jeff... He decided to try and master the "grab your ankles behind your head" approach. This morning however, he was just trying to master standing up out of bed without cringing. 30 year old men + belly flops = disaster waiting to happen. But please notice the good form!
I went out to Stephenville today and spent a little time with my mom's parents, Mimi and Papa. My Aunt Debbie and Mom also happened to be there and we all ate lunch together and just relaxed. Even amidst all his confusion and "hard moments" a little glimmer of the old Papa still manages to shine through every now and then. And how spectacular those moments are. We were talking about names and I told everyone we had decided what to name him, but that we weren't telling anyone yet... as I was talking to Mimi and Debbie and Michelle, he chimed in with a big ole grin on his face and informed me we should name "little man" Leon. And man, did he ever say it with pride. I love seeing that side of him. My prayers are with them everyday.
My dad and I are headed out to El Paso this weekend to visit my Grandmother and Great-Grandmother. I can't fly anymore after next week and I knew in the fall when we normally go visit, Baby Boy will be too small... so Daddy and I are headed out on Friday. I'm so excited to see them both. I'm sure we'll play some dominoes... maybe a little skip bo... and definitely eat some AWESOME Mexican food! The kind you can't get here. Yum-yum!
Baby boy is sitting pretty far forward today and it has been a little painful. I think I prefer him sitting in a more central spot with the punching and kicking me than sitting this far forward. I hope you all enjoy the picture. I think the last picture I posted made me look a little bigger than I actually am. So hopefully this one is a little more accurate.
Can't wait to see what this week has in store! All my love.

No comments:

Post a Comment