Sunday, June 27, 2010

Busy couple of weeks...

So we have been very busy... sorry I didn't make it around to posting last week.

Let's start with week before last. We had a little scare. Tuesday I went home sick from work with some stomach pains and by Tuesday night it was so bad I could hardly walk or lift my legs up without cringing. I told Jeff that if the pains were still there Wednesday morning that I was going to see Dr. Motley. After a night of no sleep and (on a scale of 1-10 pain) about a 20 pain level, I made an appointment and Jeff took me in town. They hooked me up to a machine to check for contractions and that checked out good. Baby boy's heart rate was great so we didn't have any concerns there. They did some blood work and tested for fetal fibronectin to tell me if there was a possibility for pre-term labor. We prayed that the tests would come back negative. Honestly, I don't know how I would have handled 14 weeks of bed rest... but our prayers were answered and the tests were negative. The doctor said it was possible that my muscles had stretched too much too quickly and that was causing the pain They recommended that I take Tylenol to help alleviate the pain and so far that has helped.

Last weekend I went to El Paso with my Dad to visit my Grandmother and Great-Grandmother. We had a blast, as usual. I don't get to spend a lot of time with them, so I cherish each moment with them. We went to Las Cruces on Saturday and ate at La Posta and the Saturday night, Grandmother took us to see a historical play called Viva El Paso. It was at the neatest place... an outdoor amphitheater, right in the side of the mountain. It was beautiful and the show was awesome.

I had my monthly check-up Wednesday and all is well. Baby boy is still measuring at a great size... although I was still a little shocked by the weight on the scale. It's just strange to continuously watch it go up and up and up. But it's all worth it. I measured at 26 1/2 cm... so I am right on schedule. 27 weeks today! My doctors appointments are now going to be every 2 weeks. I can't tell ya'll how ready I am for SEPTEMBER 26th!

I thought I would show ya'll a front view picture and then a side picture to show you the differences in see me face on and when I turn. I find it amusing.


FRONT VIEW...




AND THEN THERE IS BELLY...





In other news... Jeff and I woke up this morning and let the dogs out and they started barking and would not stop. Here is what we found.



And this is after Jeff cut it's head off... so it's missing about 6 inches. Needless to say... we bought a little 22 rifle with rat shot so we (and I use that term very loosely) don't have to use a shovel to kill any more snakes. Lucky for me that I married a "snake wrangler". Gotta love the country.
Wishing you all a great week and a wonderful July 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment