Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Shower, Swelling, and 5 weeks left!

I'd like to apologize for the fact that there will be no pictures on this post. I am having some issues with my camera. I'll post some pictures later, once I get the camera working right.
We had a shower over the weekend and it was fantastic. 5 of our awesome friends threw us a Diaper Couple's Shower and we had a blast. There were s many people that came and brought gifts and spent time with us. To everyone that helped throw the shower, THANK YOU for an awesome shower/party. To everyone that took time out of your day to spend some time with us and to bring us gifts, THANK YOU! Jeff and I feel truly blessed to have so many people that care about us. I can only hope that we make you all feel as special to us as you have made us feel.
Okay... swelling... and I do mean SWELLING! My feet officially look like they have had about a gallon of water injected into them and my toes look like lil' smokie sausages. I can't complain too much about problems during pregnancy... but my goodness... this is horrible. I woke up on Friday and my feet had swelled up quite a bit. Saturday they were a little bit worse. Sunday they were so bad it hurt to walk and it has been a constant annoyance since. I can't fit into any of my shoes... except... wait for it... a pair of Crocs. Awesome! I'm running around FW in a pair of plastic shoes. I need to buy some new shoes that will fit, but I have zero motivation to go shopping. You know I'm really in pain when I don't want to shop.
So what do I keep telling myself... 5 WEEKS LEFT!!!! I only have to deal with it for 5 more weeks! I had a doctors appointment today. I didn't get to see Dr. Motley because she had a death in her family, but I saw her nurse/midwife. Everything looks good and they checked me out for any of the signs of preeclampsia and everything came back negative and my blood pressure was good. That was my biggest concern. Porter was definitely being little Mr. Honery today. He refused to let Lori listen to his heartbeat. Every time she tried he would either punch at her or move. So I was again reminded about how active our little man is going to be. I am now in the homestretch, I am down to weekly doctors visits and have a sonogram on the 8th. I can't believe that we're already this close. I'm so excited.
The nursery is almost finished... I am just waiting on our rocker. I am supposed to pick it up tomorrow morning. I'll take pictures of that once I get the camera working right again.
I hope you are all doing well... check back later for the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment