Thursday, August 26, 2010

PICTURES!!!!

So apparently I'm just not very good with my camera yet. I'm working on it, but Jeff came home and showed me what I needed to switch to make it work... so here are pictures.

First... THE SHOWER. They had the cutest decorations. I love how simple, yet fun and appropriate for the occasion everything was.
This is the chandelier in our sitting area as you walk into the house.




And these are all the little trinquets and goodies they had hanging from the ribbons.

Turtles...


Pacifiers...

Ducks and such...

And then there were diaper cakes (handmade with love by a few of our talented hostesses (with a little help from their husbands: thanks Jeremy and Lynton) and a diaper wreath.

Elisha (with a little help from Jeremy) made this one... the kiddos loved the green krinkle paper all over it.

This one... Ashley made with Lynton's help. I love the elephant on top. He plays a song when you pull the string on his back. Isn't he adorable!

And at some point in time this wreath showed up in the house... I would love for someone to claim it... I have no idea where it came from. And I want to know how it was made. I might have to copy the idea in the future.


And finally... this awesome sign. I've been trying to decide what I want to do over the changing table in the nursery. I have known all along I wanted to do something with Porter's name, but had not decided exactly what to do. Now I have this... I don't have to do anything. Yay! Thanks girls!


And then there were the gifts... again Jeff and I cannot thank everyone enough. Our kid is definitely never going to be in need... of anything. And I think we go enough diapers to last us a while.

He got so many cute clothes and we got quite a few books this time around. I love reading them to him now. I can only imagine how much he will enjoy them as well.


THE NURSERY... I finally got the paintings for his room finished and Marjory worked her magic on them and made them look fantastic. I went to Hobby Lobby to have wires put on the back, as fate would have it, they were having a 1/2 off sale on all open back frames that day. So... I decided to frame them... and I am so glad that I did. It just completed them. I am still waiting on our rocker from the reupholstry lady and once I get that... the nursery is finished. YAY.
This picture was taken from the doorway. *Note: the rocker on the right side will be replaced by the one we're waiting for.*

Crib area...

A better shot of the painting.
The changing table/dresser...
Bookshelf/toy bins... with the other 3 paintings.
And finally... his closet... this kid has more clothes than Jeff and I do.

AND ME!
Here is a picture of me at 35 weeks... wow... that is all I have to say.





No comments:

Post a Comment