Wednesday, October 20, 2010

One Month Already???!!!

I cannot believe he is already a month old! They say that time flies... but seriously...can we slow it down a little?
We had his one month check up yesterday and Dr. Jones said he looks great. He weighed in at a whopping 10 pounds 5 ounces and was measuring 22 1/4 inches long. Which puts him in the 75th percentile for growth. Which is really exciting since we were having some weight gain problems in the beginning. Apparently he is making up for lost time. He has now outgrown all but 3 sleep and plays that are newborn sizes and we moved up in diaper sizes on Monday. At the rate he's going we're going to be in 6 month sizes before the year is over.
He has been holding his head up and now has really good control over it. He looks around and is fascinated with our wall of crosses. I think it is because there is such a big contrast between them and the cream colored walls. We have "tummy time" everyday... but he just does not like being on his stomach. He starts kicking and pushing with his feet... twice now he has actually managed to push himself over onto his back. Which absolutely amazed me. He is constantly working his legs and pushing against me when I'm holding him. I have a feeling he's gonna be mobile sooner rather than later.
Look how strong I am
He is a becoming a really good sleeper. Last night he slept from 11:30 p.m. to 4:45 a.m. I really appreciate the night of sleep. I have found that he sleeps better on his side than he does on his back. So I have started putting him down that way with blankets rolled up on either side of him.

Sleepy boy!
Of course his favorite place to sleep is on us... he passes out... and I mean straight up... passes out. He goes comatose. It's hilarious. He could sleep like this for hours... and so could I. He's such a good cuddle buddy.

I love sleeping on Mommy!
His next appointment is going to be November 19th... and I have to say that I am not excited about it. He has to get his first round of vaccinations. 4 shots at one time... I hope I don't cry... poor little man.
And last but not least... I would like to point out that the following never happens... I guess I shouldn't say never... it rarely ever happens. We had some people over on Sunday and my sweet cousins hubby, Kevin, swore up and down that he doesn't hold babies until they are at least 6 months old... well... our little man is just too irresistible... please note the proof below.
Kebin... you're a natural... Love, Porter.
Y'all have a good week.
Love, E



No comments:

Post a Comment