Sunday, July 25, 2010

9 Weeks left!!!!!

We have had a busy couple of weeks, but very exciting. Since the last post I've had a doctors appointment and a shower and we are definitely in nesting mode... BOTH of us.
First the doctors appointment. I am now seeing Motley every 2 weeks. When I went in to see her she was a little shocked by how much I had grown in 2 weeks. I was actually measuring about a week bigger than I have been, so Porter MAY be here a little earlier than we thought, but we will have to see how he's grown over the past couple of weeks and what he continues to do. I would be lying if I said I am not the tiniest bit hopeful that he comes a little early. I am ready to have him in my arms!
Our shower yesterday was AMAZING! I cannot thank the ladies that hosted it enough. I had an amazing time and really enjoyed spending time with everyone that came (and Porter loved all the yummy food). I would also like to thank everyone that traveled in from out of town for the shower. I hope you all had as good of a time as I did. Not to mention we got some great stuff. The clothes... oh the clothes... they are so adorable. Jeff and I are so incredibly blessed to have so many people that care for us and take an active part in our lives. God has and continues to bless us daily. I'll post pictures when I get some of them.
I thought for sure it would take us days to get everything organized, but we tackled it this morning and were able to get most of it done today. We went shopping and bought a few things to help us get organized. Now I just have to figure out how to reorganize some things in the kitchen to fit bottles and all the sippy cups and bowls and spoons. That should be interesting... we have a full kitchen already.
The good news is that I am about to have a lot more time to work on everything. I have worked out a deal with XTO to work 3 days a week starting the first week of August. So this is my last week of full time work. Scary and exciting and weird all at once. I have been very lucky to work with a wonderful group of people over the last 4 years and I will miss them a lot once Porter is born and I'm not working there any longer. Leaving will all be worth it once our 'little man' is here.
Finally... I leave you all with a picture from today. I would like to point out that it seems like every inch of my belly is filled with Porter... side to side and front to back.
I hope everyone has a great week.


No comments:

Post a Comment