Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Easter and mobility...

I thought I would start with a few random happenings!


Porter's first Mac'n'Cheese experience... he loved it! As evident by the fact that he tipped his bowl up!


Trying to talk Scout into coming close enough for him to grab on... Scout doesn't want anything to do with it!


So I was trying to get a picture of his crazy bedhead... but then he made this expression and I couldn't resist... what a goofy kid we have.


My baby's standing up :(

(He can't stand up on his own yet, but if you put him there, he'll stay up for a good long while)

Easter service was wonderful on Sunday. We tried out a new church in Aledo called The Summit. It is a fellowship of a church in Fort Worth Jeff and I attended for a while before we moved out this way. The verdict... we liked it and will definitely be trying it again. It is small, held in an old gymnastics gym, with a nursery that only has a handful of kids in it... which I'm happy about. Porter did wonderful in the nursery. At one point during the service I heard this horrible screaming and thought it was him, so I quietly walked out of the sanctuary and down the hall. I peeked into the doorway to see him looking at this little girl like "what's wrong with you... this is fun... stop crying".





His first Easter basket


He likes the eggs!


For some reason this is the face he made in all but 1 picture... and my eyes are closed. Oh well!

And I really thought today he was going to get it! I really thought today he was going to crawl. He was so close... so many times! I know most parents don't get that excited about their kid crawling and try to postpone it as much as possible. But me... man I'm ready. I even trailed some snacks for him. Funny thing is... he got all the snacks, even if he didn't crawl. (Kid will not miss any food!)


His "it wasn't me I swear" face


Almost got it!
In an attempt to get better about blogging I am going to (try) to do a couple of short blogs a week instead of one big post once a month. We'll see if it works.


In other news... an early congratulations to Mr. Jason Black and his future Mrs.! We're excited for the wedding this weekend! Wishing you many years of happiness and health! May God bless your marriage in every way possible. We love you both!


No comments:

Post a Comment